Fluffy mashed potatoes pair perfectly with hearty stew.
- Makes: 8-10
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 3 pounds red-skin potatoes, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾-1 cup half-and-half
- ½-1 stick butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and add cold water to 1 inch above potatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt to potatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, discarding water. Mash using a potato masher with butter and half-and-half. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve with Coffee Porter Beef Stew and chopped parsley.