Sweet banana bread – now in single-serving size.
- Makes: 3 mini loaves
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup banana whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of three mini loaf pans with greased waxed paper and flip the paper over to grease both sides. Do not grease the sides of the pan.
- Cream sugar and butter using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mashed banana, vanilla and yogurt, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add half of the flour mixture to batter and beat until just combined. Repeat with remaining four mixture.
- Stir in desired add-ins or leave plain.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips to batter.
- Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread: Divide batter in half and in one half, stir ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips. In the other half, stir in ¼ cup sifted extra-dark baking cocoa, 2 tablespoons sugar and ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips. Layer and alternate spoonfuls of each batter into pan then gently swirl with a knife, careful not to overmix. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips on top of each loaf and swirl into batter.
- Portion batter into prepared loaf pans and top evenly with desired topping or leave plain.
- Cinnamon Crumb Topping: In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar, ¼ cup flour, and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 3 tablespoons cold butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Coconut Pecan Oatmeal Streusel Topping: In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 3 tablespoons cold butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in 3 tablespoons each of shredded coconut, dry old-fashioned oatmeal and finely chopped pecans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; run a knife around edge of pan, gently invert and remove waxed paper. Cool completely on wire rack and drizzle with glaze if desired.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon half-and-half, and ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract until smooth. If too thick, add more half-and-half, a few drops at a time.