Sweet cookies become "crusts" for these mini dessert pizzas.
- Makes: 24
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whole-wheat white flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup vanilla or honey-flavored Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- mint leaves, for garnish
- ½ cup any flavor of fruit preserves
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together crust ingredients very well. When flour and sugar are completely incorporated, roll the dough to about 1/8-inch thick and cut into circles with a 2 ½-inch cookie cutter. It should make between 24 and 28 cookies.
- Crimp the edges of each cookie with your fingers to create a rim like the edge of a pizza, to hold in fillings and toppings. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until golden. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, extract, and honey or maple syrup until very creamy.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling on top of each cooled cookie “crust.” Place berries in any design desired.
- Top with fruit preserves that have been slightly melted in the microwave and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Allow to set.