Sweet and decadent, these treats are a Mississippi tradition.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- 1 1-ounce square unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Line a large, six-muffin tin with large paper liners. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about 1 ½ minutes and stir to incorporate. When smooth, beat in eggs and sugar. Stir in remaining brownie ingredients and combine well. Spoon evenly into muffin liners.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press the center of each brownie with a large spoon to make an indention.
- For the topping, melt chocolate and butter in microwave for about 1 ½ minutes and stir to incorporate.
- Whisk together all but marshmallows and pecans until very smooth. Distribute marshmallows and pecans in the indented centers of each brownie. Spoon chocolate icing over all.