- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per 1 cup salad and 1 tablespoon dressing: 115 calories, 9g fat, 0g saturated fat, 15mg sodium, 2g protein, 3g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 11g carbohydrates, 7g sugar
- Recipe Created By: Jodie Shield
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 10 ounces asparagus, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh assorted mixed microgreens, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 fresh lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for about 8 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside. When cool, cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces (this can be done earlier in the day).
- Assemble the salad in a large, decorative bowl by tossing together the microgreens, asparagus, blackberries, nuts, pomegranate arlis and salt and pepper, if using.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl, mix together pomegranate juice, vinegar and honey. Let it sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Whisk in olive oil and lime juice. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Stir thoroughly before serving.
Tips & Notes
To save time, make the salad dressing in advance. Prepare the asparagus in advance and chill in the refrigerator. For a rich, nutty flavor, toast the almonds in a 350-degree oven for about 5 minutes and cool before serving.