Tangy goat cheese and sweet, fresh apricots are featured in this version of a cheesecake.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 medium apricots
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Combine crust ingredients well, and press into 1 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate.
- Slice apricots and place them in a saucepan with sugar and water. Stir over medium heat until fruit is very soft and thick, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine apricot mixture and cheeses. Process until very creamy. Spoon onto prepared crust. Chill until ready to serve.
Tips & Notes
For a tart that holds its shape, freeze and serve chilled. It will make a clean slice and still tastes lovely.