You're sure to feel like a kid again with these frozen cookie sandwiches.
- Makes: 12 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes (includes freezing)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 2 packages (12-count) refrigerated “big” cookie dough, any flavor
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup dry cake mix, any flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches salt
- sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, chopped nuts, etc., for garnish
- Prepare cookies according to package directions. Cool on wire rack. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine condensed milk, cake mix, vanilla extract and salt, whisking until smooth.
- Gently fold condensed milk mixture into whipped cream until blended. Pour into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze until firm but not completely frozen, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Place one scoop (about ½ cup) on bottom of one cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom-side down, and gently press cookies together.
- Place cookie sandwiches on a metal cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper.
- Freeze until firm and then roll the edges in desired garnishes. Individually wrap cookie sandwiches in plastic and freeze in airtight container. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.