Everyone is sure to love cheesy pesto shells.
- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 12-ounce box jumbo pasta shells
- 24 ounces (1 jar) favorite marinara sauce
- 14 ounces (2 containers) refrigerated pesto
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¾ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan with about 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook shells for 10 to 12 minutes until softened but not completely cooked. Rinse shells in cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pesto, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan.
- Using a cookie scoop, stuff each shell with with a heaping tablespoon of filling and arrange shells over sauce in pan. Spoon remaining sauce around and over shells.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over top of shells and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until shells and cheese begin to brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve hot and garnish with shredded Parmesan and fresh basil.