Flavorful sage gives standard fruit salad an upgrade.
- 2 kiwi, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 bananas, cut into rounds
- 1 orange, peeled and separated into segments
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cut into chunks
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup pineapple sage leaves or flowers if available (can substitute regular fresh sage*)
*Pineapple sage has a slightly sweeter taste, but is not overpowering, so any sage would work.
- Cut the fruit into bite-sized chunks, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the orange juice, and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle sage on top and gently stir. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.