- ½ cup popcorn kernels, unpopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Coat a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray, or lay a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan for easy cleanup.
- Using an air popper, pop the popcorn. Sift through your popped popcorn to make sure there aren’t any unpopped kernels.
- In a large bowl, melt butter by microwaving on high for about 30 to 45 seconds. Add marshmallows, stirring well to coat the marshmallows with the butter. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir and microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Stir to make sure the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add popcorn, and stir carefully. Stir in butterscotch chips, and immediately pour mixture into the baking dish. Press the popcorn mixture into the pan (with greased hands or the back of a spatula), compacting it as much as you can. Let cool completely before slicing into bars.