Juicy pork burgers are a flavorful addition to your next cookout.
- Makes: 5 burgers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground pork
- 2 teaspoons smoky mesquite seasoning*
- 5 whole-grain hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomatoes
*Or any favorite barbecue burger seasoning blend if you don’t have mesquite seasoning.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Gently mix together ground pork and smoky mesquite seasoning, handling as little as possible.
- Shape into 5 burgers, roughly 5 ounces each or about ¾-inch thick. Place a thumbprint indentation in one side of each patty.
- Grill 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Serve immediately on buns with lettuce, tomatoes and your favorite condiments.
Tips & Notes
Garbage Burger variation: Top each pork burger with 1/3 to 1/2 cup of your favorite pulled pork.