This easy mushroom recipe combines breaded portabella mushrooms, parmesan cheese and pasta sauce.
- Makes: 4 mushroom caps
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 20
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: River Valley Ranch
- 4 medium portabella mushroom caps, de-stemmed and washed
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 26 ounces (1 jar) River Valley Kitchens Garlic Lovers
- 29 ounces (1 can) tomato sauce
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using 3 shallow bowls, place flour in the first, eggs in the second, and combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in the third.
- Dredge portabella caps in all 3 bowls, starting with the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs. Completely cover mushroom caps with all 3 ingredients.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, fry the breaded mushroom caps until they are golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 8 minutes. Mix the pasta sauce and tomato sauce together while mushrooms are cooking.
- Place browned mushrooms in a shallow baking dish and pour the sauce mix over them. Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the dish until the cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta and enjoy.