Creamy Potato Leek Soup pairs perfectly with a cool salad.
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 3 large leeks (or 1 cup ramps), sliced
- 1 ½ pounds new potatoes, cleaned and quartered (about ½-inch pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- Slice leeks into coins. In a medium-sized stock pot, saute leeks in olive oil until they soften and begin to brown. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add all remaining ingredients except the fresh dill.
- Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally until potatoes begin to soften (about 15 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend until slightly thickened but still chunky. Alternately, carefully pour about half the soup into a regular blender and blend until thick, then return to pot.
- Season to taste. Garnish generously with fresh dill.