Try a tasty fall twist on traditional snack mix using Chex cereal.
- Makes: 8 cups
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 4 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- ⅓ cup pumpkin butter
- 12 ounces (1 bag) white chocolate chips or melting wafers
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie or vanilla extract
- Optional mix-ins: almonds, roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin spice yogurt-covered pretzels, candy corn, orange candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1 ½ cups powdered sugar and ¾ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- Measure pumpkin butter into the bottom of a 1-quart microwaveable bowl, then add white chocolate. Microwave at 50 percent power for 1 minutes. Stir and continue microwaving at 50 percent power in 15 to 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth. Stir in remaining pumpkin pie spice and extract.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture evenly over top of cereal, and using a rubber spatula, carefully fold chocolate into cereal until completely coated. Pour coated cereal into plastic bag. Seal bag and gently shake until cereal is evenly coated. Spread onto wax paper to cool. Store cool and dry cereal in an airtight container.
- If desired, just before serving, stir in one or more optional mix-ins.