Sweet cranberry icing tops seasonal pumpkin cupcakes.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Photo by: Jeffrey S. Otto
- For the iced cranberries, roll berries in corn syrup until well coated. Place in a deep-sided dish with the sugar. Roll back and forth until cranberries are well-coated and allow to rest for two hours in the refrigerator.
- For cupcakes, heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 full-sized cupcake cups or 36 mini cups generously with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix with pumpkin puree until very well combined. It will be very thick. Spoon prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes if using full-sized cups, or 9 to 12 minutes for mini cups.
- For icing, place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until very creamy and well combined, using a spatula at intervals to scrape the sides. Spoon a generous dollop on top of each cooled cupcake.