Traditional flank steak gets a tasty upgrade when served alongside a blue cheese and herbed butter made with garden-fresh parsley and chives.
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus 2 hours for marinating
- Cook Time: 12 minutes, plus 10-30 minutes rest time
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 ½-2 pounds flank steak
- 1 cup favorite marinade (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Easy Blue Cheese Herb Butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine flank steak and marinade in a large container or zip-close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To make blue cheese herb butter, combine all butter ingredients, mashing the blue cheese with the back of a spoon to incorporate. Form into 8 balls and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook the steak, bring it to room temperature. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Remove meat from marinade and dab lightly with paper towels. Pour olive oil in a heavy skillet. Sear the steak on both sides for 1 minute each over high heat.
- Combine salt, lemon zest, garlic and pepper. Rub onto steak and place in oven for 10 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 to 30 minutes at room temperature. Serve while just warm with herb butter.