Sweet raspberry jam and cream cheese give these decadent brownies a tasty twist.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 1 ½ cups sugar, divided
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon raspberry liquor
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60-70% cacao)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼-⅓ cup seedless raspberry jam at room temperature
- waxed paper
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Move rack to the middle. Trace the bottom of a 12-cup muffin tin and then cut out 12 waxed paper circles. Using a pastry brush, generously grease the bottom and sides of the muffin tin with shortening or butter, then line bottom with waxed paper. Smooth out and grease the top of waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat ¼ cup sugar, cream cheese, egg yolk and raspberry liquor with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large, nonstick saucepan, melt chocolates and butter on low heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, thoroughly blending after each addition. Mix in flour and baking powder until just blended.
- Fill muffin cups ¼ full. Evenly divide cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter, carefully spreading almost to the edge, then top with remaining brownie batter, spreading to cover cream cheese. Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry jam in the center. Using a sharp knife, gently cut through filling 5 times to swirl for marbled effect.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with wet crumbs. Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes then run a sharp knife around the outside edges. Cool completely on wire rack then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Run knife around edges again and use a fork to gently lift brownies out and remove waxed paper. Store in refrigerator.