- 1 small head purple cabbage
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- Core and roughly chop the cabbage. Core and slice the apples lengthwise into eighths. Remove onion skin and slice from the top into eighths.
- Saute the onion in the oil in a large skillet with a lid until just translucent. Add the cabbage and apples. Stir the salts and caraway seeds into the mixture.
- Cover and saute for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly distribute brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir occasionally to achieve your desired texture.
Tips & Notes
The lid accelerates the cooking time and wilts the cabbage quicker than when cooked in an open skillet.