Traditional Baba Ganoush, or roasted eggplant dip, is perfect with fresh veggies and pita bread.
- Makes: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup almond, cashew or sunflower butter
- ½ cup roasted almonds or pistachios (save a few chopped nuts to sprinkle on top as garnish, if desired)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the whole eggplant on a baking sheet and roast for about 1 hour, until softened. Allow to cool.
- Peel and remove stem (the peel should almost slide off). Place in a food processor with the garlic. Puree until very smooth. Add the nut butter, salt, nuts and cayenne. Season to taste.
- Put in a serving dish and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle parsley and chopped nuts on top. Serve with fresh veggies and pita bread.