- 8 cups root vegetables (such as sweet potatoes, parsnips and carrots), peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced and quartered
- 6 cups greens (such as arugula, lettuce, kale or chard
Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh herbs, optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss vegetables in oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread on a large baking sheet, allowing some space between veggies. Place the pieces of ham in between the vegetables. Use two baking sheets if needed to give the ham and veggies enough space.
- Bake for about 1 hour, tossing several times throughout.
- For the dressing, puree all ingredients until very creamy and well combined. Season to taste. Makes 1 ½ cups.
- When the vegetables are deep golden and the ham pieces have begun to char slightly, remove from oven. While warm, spoon roasted vegetables and ham over the greens. Pour creamy dressing on top.
Tips & Notes
- Leaving some space between the vegetables and ham helps the veggies caramelize and the ham pieces to become crisp.
- The dressing for this salad can be made while the vegetables are roasting or several days in advance.