Liven up flank steak with a delicious rosemary-garlic marinade.
- Prep Time: 24 hours (includes marinating overnight)
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 ½-2 pounds flank steak
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Puree all marinade ingredients until rosemary and garlic are pulverized.
- Pierce steak about 30 times on each side with the tip of a sharp knife. Place it in a shallow dish and coat well with marinade. Marinate for several hours in the refrigerator. Turn and repeat. Allow to marinate for several more hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking. Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a cast iron skillet on high until it begins to smoke.
- Place steak in the skillet and reduce to medium-high heat. Sear steak for about 7 minutes per side. Place the lid on the skillet to hold in heat and allow the steak to rest for about 30 minutes. The residual heat from searing will continue cooking the steak to nearly perfect doneness. Slice thinly and serve.