Sweet and tangy watermelon pickles are extremely simple.
- Makes: 3 pints
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Bring pickling mixture to a boil. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly pack melon, raspberries and onions alternately in the pint jars. Pour cooled pickling mixture on top.
- Chill for at least an hour, and serve within three days.
Cook’s note: Try a variation of Red, White and Blueberry Watermelon Pickles using blueberries and white wine vinegar instead of raspberries and red wine vinegar.