- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped and toasted (Any type of nuts, such as walnuts, pistachios or hazelnuts will do.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place saltine crackers in single-layer rows on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, microwave butter and brown sugar for 3 to 4 minutes until bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir really well again and pour over the crackers. With the back of a spoon, smooth the brown sugar mixture evenly over all of the crackers.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until brown sugar is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips on top while still hot. When chocolate glistens, spread it evenly over the entire surface. Sprinkle nuts evenly over all.
- Allow saltine cracker toffee to cool completely. Break or cut into pieces.
If you love this Saltine Cracker Toffee, you’ll love our Almond Roca Bars!