Try this savory salad for a different and refreshing side dish.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- ½ cup pepitas (green raw pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ honeydew and/or cantaloupe, peeled
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss pepitas in salt and garlic powder and place on a cookie sheet. Brown them slightly in the oven for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- With a vegetable peeler, slice peeled melon into ribbons. Place on a platter. Sprinkle onions, feta cheese and pepitas evenly over the top.
- Whisk together the honey and lemon juice. Drizzle over the melon and serve immediately.