- 6-8 boneless pork cutlets, trimmed
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for frying
- 6-8 lemon wedges
- package of spaetzle (or any thin-cut egg noodle)
- butter and garlic salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- On a cutting board, pound each cutlet in plastic wrap until well flattened. In three shallow bowls, prepare the following: flour, paprika, garlic salt and pepper; eggs; and breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Dip each cutlet in flour mixture and coat well. Dredge each flour-coated cutlet in egg. Allow excess egg to drip off, and coat each cutlet in the breadcrumbs.
- Adjust heat to medium and fry cutlets until nicely browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Squeeze lemon juice over each cutlet.
- For the späetzle, cook noodles according to package instructions. After draining, toss in butter, garlic salt and parsley. Serve the schnitzel over the späetzle.