Cheddar cheese, fresh veggies and salty bacon are a few of the layers in this Seven-Layer Salad.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 8 hours, 20 minutes (includes chill time)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: per 1 ½ cups salad and 2 tablespoons dressing: 195 calories, 12g fat, 348mg sodium, 13g protein, 3g fiber, 102mg cholesterol, 10g carbohydrates, 4g sugar
- Recipe Created By: Jodie Shield
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen peas, partially thawed
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 strips center-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large, clear trifle dish, toss the romaine and spinach together.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on top o each other in the following order: onions, cheese, peas, tomatoes, bacon and eggs. Cover salad and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all of the dressing ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with salad.
Tips & Notes
The dressing for this salad will last up to 10 days refrigerated.