Spice things up with this shrimp and coconut curry.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ orange pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13.5 ounces (1 can) lite coconut milk
- 1 pound large shrimp, cooked and peeled with tails off
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups prepared sticky rice, warmed*
*Rice made a day ahead is ideal.
- Chop the onion and peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute the peppers and onions in the coconut oil. When onions are translucent and peppers begin to brown, stir in the garlic. When garlic is fragrant, add curry powder, ginger, cayenne, salt and coconut milk. Stir occasionally over medium heat until coconut milk is slightly reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Divide warm rice into four large bowls. Stir in the shrimp, peas and green onions into the coconut milk mixture. When heated through, spoon over the rice. Serve immediately.