- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes, unpeeled and chopped (about 4 potatoes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- Add first five ingredients to a slow cooker. Pour in broth, stirring well, and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- Stir in paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, cinnamon and milk. Blend together until silky and smooth using an immersion blender in the slow cooker or transferring hot soup to a blender. Serve warm, garnished with rosemary and croutons, if desired.