Want to do something different with chicken? This recipe is for you.
- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus marinating 4-6 hours)
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 3-4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh pita bread
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3-4 sliced tomatoes
- ½ cup sweet chow-chow or sweet pickled peppers
- Place chicken and all marinade ingredients in a large zip-close bag. Marinate for 4 to 6 hours, turning a couple of times to evenly coat the chicken. Grill until centers are no longer pink (about 10 minutes per side over medium heat).
- Just before serving, lightly grill the pita bread. Slice the chicken and serve with tomatoes.
- Top generously with yogurt and chow-chow.