Perfect as a snack or atop a salad, these spicy-sweet pecans are a treat.
- Makes: 3 cups
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 8 ounces pecan halves
- 8 ounces thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon, diced into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½-¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pecans and bacon. Spread onto greased 15-by-10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until pecans are roasted and bacon browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar, salt and cayenne, tossing well. Immediately remove from pan. Let cool.
Tips & Notes
Make these spicy pecans to put on top of the Layered Autumn Harvest Salad.