- 25.5 ounces (1 jar) marinara sauce
- 12 uncooked 100% whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour 1 cup of the pasta sauce into an ungreased 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a rapid boil. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Without draining the water, remove the spinach with tongs or a slotted spoon and place into a colander to drain; squeeze to release excess water and set aside.
- Add the lasagna noodles to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place the noodles on wax paper in rows.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large bowl, thoroughly combine the spinach, eggs, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, if using.
- Spread a generous 1/3 cup of the spinach-cheese mixture over each noodle; roll up and place the lasagna in a prepared pan, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls and cover with foil. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with extra sauce and grated Parmesan cheese.