Love a summer cookout but hate the mess? Foil-packet dinners make clean up a snap, and in minutes you'll enjoy a juicy steak dinner complete with sides.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Nutrition Highlights Per Serving: 391 calories, 16 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 475 mg sodium, 31 g protein, 5 g fiber, 76 mg cholesterol, 31 g carbohydrate, 9 g sugar
- Recipe Created By: Jodie Shield
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 2 pounds sirloin steak cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 8.5 ounces (1 jar) oil-packed sun-dried tomato pieces, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, optional
- Heat grill to high, about 450 degrees.
- Cut foil into 6 large sheets, about 12 by 12 inches each.
- In a large bowl gently toss together the steak, new potatoes, green beans, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, and salt and pepper if using.
- Place an equal amount of the steak, potato and green bean mixture into the center of each piece of foil and wrap tightly.
- Transfer the foil packets to the grill and cook about 8-10 minutes. Flip the packets and cook another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the foil packets from the grill and open carefully. Place everything onto a plate and serve.Cooking time for packets will vary depending upon your grill. Use a meat thermometer to test for internal temperature: medium-rare 130-135°F, medium 140-145°F, medium-well 150-155°F, and well done 160-165°F.
Tips & Notes
Cooking time for packets will vary depending upon your grill. Use a meat thermometer to test for internal temperature: medium-rare 130-135°F, medium 140-145°F, medium-well 150-155°F, and well done 160-165°F.