What's better than strawberry french toast? How about strawberry french toast with bacon? In sandwich form?
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Place 12 pieces of bread on a clean surface.
- Combine preserves and cream cheese until very well mixed. Spread evenly onto the 12 slices of bread. Place ½ piece of bacon on top. Place remaining 12 pieces of bread over bacon.
- In a shallow pan, whisk eggs, half-and-half, vanilla and salt. Place sandwiches into the pan. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Stir over low heat for about 10 minutes until thick. Set aside to cool.
- Carefully turn sandwiches over to allow egg mixture to soak well into the top slice of bread.
- Heat butter in a skillet and fry egg-soaked sandwiches as for French toast.
- Heat over to 300 degrees. Place browned sandwiches in a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for about 10 more minutes. Serve with strawberry sauce and powdered sugar.