- 12 large fresh strawberries, rinsed
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 6 ounces plain, nonfat strained Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 12 mint leaves
- Use a sharp knife to trim stems from the strawberries and form a flat base. Place the strawberries on a cutting board, pointed upward. Carefully slice each strawberry in half vertically to within ¼ inch of the base (do not slice through the base!). Cut each half into 3 wedges to form 6 petals. Gently pull petals apart and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add the honey, vanilla and orange peel and beat again until smooth and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with the yogurt-honey mixture and squeeze it into each strawberry. Garnish with mint leaves.
Tips & Notes
No pastry bag? No problem. Use a large plastic bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner.