- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 6 ounces (2 boxes) strawberry gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 ounces (2 packages) frozen strawberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar. Press crust into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While crust is cooling, fold together cream cheese, whipped topping and remaining sugar until evenly combined. Spoon over cooled pretzel crust to cover very well. (Don’t leave any crust exposed or the top layer will seep in and make the crust mushy.)
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen berries. They will thaw and start to thicken the gelatin. When it’s the consistency of egg whites, spoon it evenly over the entire surface.
- Chill strawberry pretzel salad until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares or rounds (using a biscuit or cookie cutter).
If you like this Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe, you’ll love this Strawberry Puff Pastry Torte!