What could be better than sweet strawberries and cream?
- Makes: 1 torte
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 puff pastry sheet (from a 17.3-ounce package), thawed according to package instructions
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll pastry sheet on a floured surface until each rectangle is about 12-by-12 inches. Score the pastry sheet about ½ inch away from the four outside edges.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until golden. While warm, gently press the center of the baked pastry sheet flatter than the scored edges to form a rim. Set aside to cool.
- Melt white chocolate chips with the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, whisking every 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate chocolate with cream cheese. Add ⅓ cup sugar. When smooth (after about 3 minutes), stir in the orange zest. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold it into the cream cheese mixture until jsut combined.
- To assemble, spread the cream cheese filling evenly to the scored edges. Top the torte completely with sliced berries. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.