- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 ½ cups nuts, finely chopped (walnuts, pecans, almonds or any favorite combination)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried Saigon cinnamon
- 1 ⅓ cups dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, cherries or other favorite combination)
- Vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a large 18-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together both types of oats, wheat germ and nuts. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, oil, vanilla and almond extracts, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Pour over oat-nut mixture and stir to thoroughly coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted and entire mixture is slightly browned. Remove from oven and gently stir in dried fruit.
- Place baking sheet on wire rack to cool completely. Store in glass jar or container with tight-fitting lid at room temperature.
- To make parfaits, layer yogurt with sliced berries and granola.
Tips & Notes
For a buffet brunch, figure at least 4 to 6 ounces of yogurt and ½ cup sliced strawberries per person.