Healthy and delicious, this summer side dish will disappear fast.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 pound mukimame beans (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cut the corn off the cob. Place with soybeans in a microwave-safe bowl with ¼ cup water. Heat for 3 to 4 minutes on high. Stir and repeat. If soybeans are not yet tender, microwave for 3 more minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in a jar. Shake well and pour over corn and soybeans. Stir well and keep chilled until serving.