Sweet potatoes are the star of these tasty little tarts.
- Makes: 18
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Store-bought crust for a double-crust pie
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato pulp, well mashed*
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
*If desired, use half purple and half orange sweet potatoes. If using both, divide all remaining filling ingredients into two mixing bowls.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide pie crust into 18 muffin tin holes. Press dough up to the rim to make a “cup.”
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients until well blended.
- If using two colors, separated each color into a pastry bag. Pipe potato mixture into crusts and bake for 30 minutes.