- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- ¼ cup sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- pinch of baking soda
- 2-3 drops peppermint extract or ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ice pop molds or small plastic cups
- popsicle sticks
- mint leaves or lemon slices, if desired
- To make sweet tea, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add tea bags and steep to desired intensity, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in sugar until dissolved, and add a pinch of baking soda, which neutralizes the tannins in tea to make it less bitter. Stir in a little ice to help cool the tea.
- Stir peppermint extract and/or lemon juice into tea. Pour mixture into molds. Add mint or lemon slices if desired.
- Place sticks in centers of molds when partially frozen. Freeze until they hold their shape.
Tips & Notes
Double or triple the tea recipe if you’d like some extra for drinking, and add in additional sugar for a sweeter flavor.