- 1 ½ pounds ground beef sirloin (at least 90% lean)
- ⅔ cup onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 extra large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes, hot
- chives or Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, garlic, egg, oats, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well to blend ingredients thoroughly, but avoid over-mixing.
- Divide meatloaf mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted in the center of several cups. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 minute, then remove to rack or plate.
- Frost each meatloaf cupcake with a heaping scoop of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with chives or parsley. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly covered container and use within three days.