- Makes: 24 deviled eggs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes (for cooking eggs)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Research has found that high-quality protein, such as that in eggs, may help prevent muscle loss in aging adults.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- 12 hard-cooked large eggs
- ⅓ cup reduced fat, light mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, finely chopped, plus additional 2 or 3 tablespoons for garnish
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in medium bowl. (Be careful not to damage the white halves).
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, chile pepper, smoked paprika and ¼ cup chopped bacon. Stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Place filling in the whites using a small spoon or pipe in with a pastry bag and decorative tube.
- Garnish with remaining bacon as desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
Tips & Notes
• Find canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7-ounce cans) in the Hispanic food section of most supermarkets.
• Use any type bacon desired, from thin or thick to apple wood or maple-smoked. If you’re short on time, substitute chopped, ready-to-eat bacon. You’ll find it near the packaged meat case.
• To make this recipe gluten-free, check the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for flour, MSG or a gluten-free notation, and make sure the mayonnaise has not been contaminated with a used knife.