- 1 package (10 ounces) Japanese udon noodles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6-8 large eggs
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen green peas, completely thawed
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Prepare udon noodles according to package directions, but reduce cooking time 2 minutes so noodles remain firmer. Drain and let noodles set in colander until ready to toss with eggs.
- While noodles cook, whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a very large (12-inch) skillet over medium-low heat, add butter and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is completely melted. Whisk eggs together in a medium bowl, then slowly add to skillet, stirring until eggs are cooked throughout but not dry.
- Add noodles, sauce mixture and green peas. Cook 1 more minute, stirring to coat all ingredients with sauce and warming all ingredients. Serve immediately, sprinkling each serving with cilantro leaves and green onions.
Tips & Notes
Any favorite vegetable would work in this dish. Possibilities include mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and edamame.