Tasty chicken tacos are made even better with a spicy horseradish-lime sauce.
- Makes: 4 servings of 2 tacos each (8 tacos total)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: per serving: 322 calories; 13.4 g fat; 212 mg sodium; 4.6 g dietary fiber; 26.1 g protein; high in iron, niacin and vitamin C
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- salt, to taste
- 8 (8-inch) multigrain tortillas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add red pepper and saute another 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and peppers have softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season chicken strips with cumin, coriander and black pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook strips 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Place ¼ cup spinach over each tortilla. Divide chicken evenly over spinach. Top with onion, peppers and horseradish sauce.