Give breakfast a south-of-the-border twist by topping fried eggs with black beans and salsa served on a warm corn tortilla.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Eggs are filled with 13 essential nutrients and phytonutrients for healthy eyes, pregnancy and brain function.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add salsa, beans, red pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer until thickened, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in green onions.
- Meanwhile, fry eggs sunny side up in a large skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one warm tortilla on each plate. Top with a spoonful of beans, fried egg, salsa, chopped cilantro and avocado slices.
Tips & Notes
• Slash the sodium (salt) up to 45% in all canned beans by draining and rinsing thoroughly before using.
• To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, check the ingredients on the corn tortillas.