- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Pecans contain heart-healthy fats along with antioxidants to help fight disease and lower cholesterol.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
Cajun Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Tennessee honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- ¹⁄₈ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pecans, breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. In another bowl, beat eggs, olive oil and remaining 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning.
- One at a time, dredge the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then in the pecan mixture and gently shake off excess coating. Place each piece of chicken gently on the baking sheet, leaving a bit of space between.
- Bake, turning once, for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- While chicken is baking, whisk together sauce ingredients. Serve as dipping sauce for the chicken.
Tips & Notes
To make this recipe gluten-free, omit the breadcrumbs, make sure the Cajun seasoning doesn’t contain flour or MSG, and make sure the mayonnaise hasn’t been contaminated by a used knife.