- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups leftover chopped pork barbecue
- 14 ounces frozen pepper/onion mix (or 1 medium bell pepper and 1 medium onion, sliced)
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 16 ounces cabbage/carrot slaw mix
- 2 cans (30 ounces) golden hominy
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 jar (24 ounces) medium salsa
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons each: dried oregano, cumin and chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large stockpot, saute 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add peppers, onions and jalapeno peppers, and saute until softened. Add all remaining ingredients to pot.
- Stir occasionally over medium-low heat until flavors are well combined, about 1 hour. Add water or more stock if desired. Season to taste.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream and shredded cheese.