A spicy horseradish dressing adds zesty flavor to a healthy green salad.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: per serving: 319 calories; 23.7 g fat; 273 mg sodium; 7.9 g dietary fiber; 6.2 g protein; no cholesterol, very high in vitamin A
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 6 cups mixed greens such as spinach, arugula, romaine and/or kale
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup radishes, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into small rounds
- ½ cup toasted nuts (walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds or pine nuts), toasted
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and horseradish with a wire whisk until well incorporated.
- Place the greens in a large salad bowl, add vegetables, toss with dressing and top with toasted nuts.