- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey, brought to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pure ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- ½ ripe Haas avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons pepitas (toasted shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Light the grill.
- Skewer the garlic on a bamboo skewer.
- Grill the garlic, tomatillos, tomatoes and onion over a medium-hot fire for 8-10 minutes, turning, until charred and softened. Let cool.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, cilantro and sugar; pulse until combined. Season with salt.
- Lightly knead the ground turkey in a large bowl with the cilantro, scallion, garlic, ancho powder, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and cinnamon. Shape the meat into four patties about ¾-inch thick.
- When the grill is medium hot, brush the burger and the grate lightly with the oil.
- Grill the burgers for 12 minutes, turning once, for medium.
- Place the burgers on the muffins; top with avocado, pumpkin seeds and Chipotle Salsa. Top with other half of muffin and serve with remaining salsa.
Nutrition Facts for Ingredients (per serving): Calories – 688, Fat – 36.9g, Dietary Fiber – 4.9g, Protein – 57.6g, Calcium – 16%, Iron – 53%.
Nutrition Facts for Chipotle Salsa (per serving): Calories – 56, Fat – 0.8g, Dietary Fiber – 2.6g, Protein – 2.3g, Vitamin A – 18%, Vitamin C – 62%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.