Fire up the grill for this tasty chicken wing recipe that's accompanied by a sweet and spicy watermelon glaze.
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- juice from 3 fresh lemons
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, or to taste
- chicken wings or drummettes
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- For the glaze: Simmer ingredients together in a heavy saucepan for 20 minutes or until sauce is thick. Keep warm. Makes 2 cups.
- For chicken: Place the chicken in a large zipper lock bag with the rest of the ingredients and seal tightly. Allow to marinate at least 2 hours. Grill until cooked and arrange on warm platter. Pour glaze over chicken and serve immediately.